Our extensive wheel range is available from 10mm to 600mm in diameter.
We have particular specialisation in larger diameter wheels, especially for Roll-Grinding and Centreless grinding applications.
We can also offer WORLD CLASS Diamond & CBN wheels for the following applications:
- CNC Carbide/HSS Tool and Cutter Manufacture/Re-Grinding Machinery
- Vollmer, Walter, Iseli and Akemat Woodworking machines.
- Grinding of thermally applied coatings.
- Ceramic grinding
- Large diameter roll grinding for the paper industry
- Surgical blade manufacture.
- Tungsten carbide die manufacture
- Diamond wheels for grinding bits for the oil, gas and mining industries.
VITRIFIED DIAMOND WHEELS
Used primarily in the manufacture of Diamond Tooling. Grinding of PCD & PCBN is a particularly demanding application as there is very little difference between the hardness of the workpiece and the diamond grit in the vitrified bond. A wear resistant but free cutting grinding action is required.
Whether it be PCD (with or without carbide/steel backing), PCBN (with or without carbide/steel backing) or Cermet grinding we are confident that we have a bond to suit your requirements.
Vitrified CBN WheelsCastle-Tech has recently introduced Vitrified CBN wheels as part of our product range for the grinding of heat-treated steels. Available initially as a 1A1 shape and limited to 6, 7 and 8 inch diameter.
Also suitable for use in the CNC grinding of HSS drills, reamers and also punch grinding.
Our unique Metal bond system gives:
- Outstanding corner retention properties
- Minimal wheel wear
- High stock removal
- Cool grinding action
METAL HYBRID BOND (DIAMOND)
- Suitable for grinding Tungsten Carbide and Carbide/Braze and Steel Combinations
- Cool Cutting . Excellent heat dispersion
- Low wheel wear
- Fast stock removal . Reduction in cycle times.
Currently only available as an 11V9 shape at 100mm.